Responsible for all activities leading to the collection of accounts receivable that are delinquent, utilizing verbal and written communications with providers, employers, insurers, review companies and other payors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews correspondence pertaining to billing and accounts receivable.
• Updates computer account files as needed.
• Claim follow-up by phone for aged account balances.
• Analyze and interpret claims regarding charges, payments and balances.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopts an effective course of action.
• Participates in departmental staff meetings.
• Follows policies and procedures to maintain workflow standards.
• Works with Collections Supervisor and Accounts Receivable Manager on resolution of accounts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
At least one year of collections experience; healthcare environment and workers’ compensation experience preferred.
Other work-related experience as deemed by Management may be substituted in lieu of collections experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group - 15 months ago
Based in Valencia, California, U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group was founded in 1995. With over 200 locations in 19 states, and more than 2,700...