Seeking candidates for Summer 2013 and/or Academic Year 2013-14 |
Agile Diagnosis (www.AgileDiagnosis.com), a funded startup in Palo Alto and a member of the prestigious Y-Combinator and Rock Health incubators, is working to ensure that all patients receive the best possible care by providing clinicians with access to evidence-based best practices in the form of interactive, web/mobile clinical algorithms. Extensive research from quality improvement leaders such as Dr. Peter Pronovost and Dr. Atul Gawande suggests that simple checklists, protocols, and algorithms can drastically improve outcomes and decrease costs.
Here are reasons you should join our team:
- REVOLUTIONIZE HEALTHCARE DELIVERY: Join us in waking up each morning excited to build something we all truly believe will dramatically improve the delivery of care.
- STARTUP EXPERIENCE: Cultivate the experience and skills necessary to take a web/mobile idea through the full product lifecycle, from ideation, design and development, testing, to launch. Whether you go on to start innovative residency projects, innovate within companies, or lanch your own startup, there is no better way to learn entrepreneurship than by doing.
- A RESUME THAT STANDS OUT: Startup and health-tech experience is a unique opportunity. Furthermore, working on Agile algorithms count towards publication credits.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Cultivate valuable relationships while interfacing with residents and attendings from top institutions throughout the country, including Stanford, UCSF, and Uchicago.
- COMPENSATION: Earn a competitive salary and, for full-time position, complete benefits.
------------------------------------- Position Details ---------------------------------------
Agile Diagnosis is currently being used by over 12,000 medical students and clinicians in over 200 programs across the country. We are looking for medical students passionate about spearheading innovation in a system that is notoriously resistant to change.
As a member of Agile Diagnosis, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team of residents, professors, and technologists who all care about improving the quality of care delivered to patients throughout the world. As part of the Medical Content Development team, you will be responsible for developing clinical algorithms with our rapidly increasing network of residents and professors at top-notch institutions (including Stanford, UCSF, and UChicago) and medical specialty societies across the country.
- You must be a medical student or MD graduate. Priority is given to those with more clinical experience.
- Preference is given to those who can commit full-time and be on-site.
- No tech/computer/design background is necessary, though appreciated.
- You like to take ownership of projects and thrive when given independence.
- The thought of a tumultuous, dynamic, scrappy, energetic, intense technology startup environment sounds like the best way to spend at least part of your Friday night.
- Publications: By the end of the summer, you will likely have acquired multiple publications as part of your collaborative work with residents and professors in creating new algorithms on the Agile interactive platform. Each algorithm you contribute to is another publication for you. If there is a specialty you are strongly considering, we will also try to focus your publications to that field.
- Compensation: This is a paid internship; payment will be commensurate with your level of clinical experience and commitment. There is also the potential for a long-term role in the company after the summer/year.
- Relationships, mentorships and networking: Part of your job will be forming relationships and working closely with residents, fellows, and professors at top institutions and medical societies across the country.
- Experience: The best way to learn startups is by doing startups. You will leave Agile with a much better understanding of how to turn your own ideas into real, impactful products and services. Moreover, few applicants are able to credibly claim they were part of a health tech startup and point residency directors/interviewers to a live website/app.
- FUN! There ’s nothing more exciting than working with a team of energetic and passionate people towards a common, healthcare-changing goal.
Agile Diagnosis - 18 months ago