Job Title: |
Medical Director - Generalist
The primary responsibility is to provide medical consultation and support for Group DI Claims.
- Provide timely, high quality written and verbal medical assessments and opinions to the disability case managers and clinicians with a focus on the claimant’s functional ability and medical restrictions and limitations, based on a review of the disability claim information
- Contact health care providers to discuss claimant’s medical condition, treatment, prognosis and return to work plans
- Provide ongoing education of case managers and clinicians through individual claim discussions, explanations and clarifications provided in medical referrals and formal medical training presentations
- Identify training opportunities and serve as subject matter expert to develop training for clinicians and case managers based on emerging disability trends or knowledge gaps
- Participate in current or prospective customer visits and presentations
- MD or DO degree with Board certification in internal medicine or family practice, specialty in occupational health or physical medicine & rehabilitation preferred
- At least five years experience in adult patient care; insurance medicine experience or experience performing disability evaluations for Social Security Administration or Workers Compensation Boards preferred
- Computer proficient, experience with managed medical record preferred
- Good communication skills, ability to coach, mentor and work collaboratively with a team which includes non-medical professionals
- This position is located ON-SITE at can be based in Bloomfield, CT
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 2 years ago
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...