Performs moderate to complex laboratory procedures to aid in the delivery of quality patient care.
PERFORMS LABORATORY ANALYSES AND COMMUNICATES RESULTS TO AID IN THE DELIVERY OF QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
* Conducts laboratory analyses in a manner that meets the average productivity measure determined by the chief technologist or section chief as well as the Regional Laboratory performance specifications (i.e., satisfactory results on proficiency tests and acceptable manual data entry error rates).
* Recognizes, analyzes and resolves technical and quality control issues to ensure high quality and accurate analyses are performed.
* Prepares and communicates results of analyses clearly and legibly.
* Recognizes and takes action on abnormal (critical) results, and documents notification of appropriate staff following established policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge of proper specimen collection, processing and handling techniques.
ASSISTS IN MAINTAINING INVENTORY LEVELS AND EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUMENTS TO CONTRIBUTE TO A QUALITY WORK ENVIRONMENT.
* Helps to maintain adequate stock of supplies in assigned work area.
* Participates in routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on work area equipment.
* Assists in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for equipment.
* Recognizes equipment malfunctions and technical problems and, using scientific principles, takes initial steps to resolve these situations.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, AND SHARES TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE WITH NEW EMPLOYEES AND STUDENTS.
* Takes responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
* Demonstrates laboratory and technical skills to others on a regular basis and in a professional manner.
* Achieves satisfactory ratings with proficiency testing results.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
Minimum one year experience in a lab environment preferred.
Associate's degree required.
AMT or ASCP certification required.
Scott & White
- 21 months ago - save job