Watson Pharmaceuticals, a well respected and fast growing specialty pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Medical Liason. This is a field-based position for the Women’s Health & Urology Medical Liaison team within Medical Affairs. The position will cover Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah . The preferred candidate will live near a large airport within territory.
The position functions as a medical/scientific liaison between Company and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides product and field scientific support to Medical, Sales and Marketing, and Managed Care by using scientific expertise to communicate with health care providers and organizations.
Required Knowledge of :
- Establish and maintain relationships with key thought leaders, regional advocates, healthcare organizations, professional societies and government contacts.
- Identify, develop and implement education programs to improve patient outcomes and increase understanding of disease states and their treatment options.
- Follow-up on unsolicited investigator initiated research proposals and publication opportunities.
- Identify and work with investigators who are interested in participating in Company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Communicate best practices that address education and research needs of healthcare providers.
- Identify and train members for Company Speaker's Bureau.
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
- Identify novel therapies and emerging technologies that provide opportunities for new acquisitions.
- Represent Company at national and regional meetings and conferences.
- Assist in training sales and business personnel. Qualifications
Minimum of a bachelors degree in a scientific/technical or related field from an accredited college or university (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred), and a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience including at least 2 years of field-based medical liaison experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Women’s health and/or Urology.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
- Pharmacology and pharmaceutical principles, practices and their application.
- Public speaking and presentation techniques. Education
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 22 months ago