For over 30 years, Vein Clinics of America (VCA) has been dedicated to the treatment of all aspects of Vein Disease. Acknowledged as experts in the field, VCA has helped lead advances in the treatment of Vein Disease. And with over 50 clinics, across 15 states, we’re growing! VCA is currently seeking an experienced Physician Sales Representative/Medical Liaison to support our clinic in Alexandria, VA.
The purpose of the Medical Liaison position is to create demand for VCA’s services by executing marketing strategies and promoting our practice. This position will require a current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of VCA’s services and the ability to effectively communicate that knowledge to physician groups and to the consumer
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Identify physician referral opportunities within the medical community through research and prospecting. Generate sales opportunities by calling into physician offices and healthcare organizations.
- Call on physicians in person to promote and sell VCA services. Provide approved information to Physicians on VCA products; deliver branded messages; execute planned programs. Identify and coordinate speaking opportunities within hospitals and medical associations. Develop long-term referral relationships.
- Develop a plan of action for achieving sales targets.
- Coordinate, implement and build upon company-wide physician referral strategies and programs, i.e. the Friends and Family program. Participate in health fairs, conventions training programs and other events. Utilize creativity to identify and develop other promotional opportunities/initiatives.
- Follow-up with physicians to gather feedback and questions. Service and manage physician accounts. Serve as liaison between physician accounts and local VCA clinics.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with VCA clinic staff. Provide sales and marketing training to field staff including physicians and RNs.
- Communicate feedback to sales management on customer requests, product promotions and access. Track trends, identify opportunities and recommend new strategies to effectively manage assigned territory.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Minimum 2-5 years sales/marketing experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or healthcare services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce business results.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas and data both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to develop and maintain strong physician/client relationships.
- Strong organizational skills. The willingness and ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of appointments, sales calls, and follow-up.
- Time management skills. The ability to set priorities and establish a workflow to accomplish day-to-day tasks in a timely manner.
- Significant local travel; occasional overnight travel will be required.
Vein Clinics of America - 20 months ago