High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East. Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospital" ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
- Registers/inputs patient demographics, Schedules/reschedules appointments as required, via PM (Practice Management) Scheduling System.
- Interviews patients/guarantors; Ensures smooth patient flow throughout the day. Answers phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles in the overall staffing plan.
- Renders consistent professional care to all patients.
- Assists physician/conducts treatments/procedures.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working and observes safe and accurate use of all medical devices.
- Administers injections as requested by Physician.
- Performs Waived Laboratory / Moderate Complexity tests following guidelines established CLIA.
* Current BLS from American Heart Association certification required
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program or appropriate clinical on-the-job training required
* Grade of 80% or higher on Basic Medical Assistant test required
* Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting preferred
* Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes and health care insurance preferred
* Ability to calm patients by being supportive is necessary
* Good interpersonal skills for effective communication with patients, staff and visitors are necessary
* National Certified Registered Medical Assistant preferred
Holy Cross Hospital - 12 months ago