Obtains, verifies and records all patient information through the registrations process to ensure proper records for all services received.
Provides support for scheduling and ordering of miscellaneous exams when necessary.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining confidential patient information and responsible with patient reception, direction and correspondence.
High School diploma or GED.
Experience working with the public in a customer service related role.
At least 1 year of medical office experience is required.
Experience using the computer for data entry.
Medical terminology certificate preferred.
Must be flexible
- Ability to organize and establish day-to-day priorities while utilizing critical thinking skills in all aspects of the job.
- Must be able to multitask while remaining professional, focused, composed and positive.
- Excellent customer service skills and must display integrity, friendliness and compassion.
- Must be able to establish an appropriate and effective rapport with patients, co-workers and medical staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective and appropriate written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take and follow direction in a positive and appropriate manner.
Takes initiative and embraces new opportunities to grow both personally and organizationally.
- Must be efficient and effective in the use of resources.
- Basic computer skills.