Medical Office Coordinator
is r esponsible for providing support to physicians and allied health professionals within a busy ambulatory setting and to ensure efficient operations by providing excellent customer service to patients, other staff members, and external parties. Prepares reports as requested to assist in management of the department. Provides support to the department and manager by coordinating schedule requests and preparing payroll; assisting in the review and development of orientation materials and training of new employees; involvement with other continuous quality improvement activities.
Hours are 8:30 am-5:00 pm (Monday-Friday).
- Coordinate staff scheduling requests for review and approval by department manager. Update intranet posting when changes occur.
- Prepare and review payroll information for manager approval.
- Produce telephone metric reports to include total volume, average wait and talk times, abandoned phone calls etc.
- Analyze reports and summarize significant trends.
- Assist in review and development of orientation and training materials and procedures.
- Coordinate new staff orientation and provide ongoing mentorship for new staff.
- Facilitate continuous quality improvement for office procedures through observation, data collection and reports regarding issues such as waitlist management, management of no shows, key scheduling functions etc.
General MOC Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the flow of medical information internally and externally
- Patiently act as liaison between patient and health care providers and external patient related providers
- Accurately follow guidelines to triage all incoming calls taking independent action where possible.
- Accurately enter information into automated registration and scheduling system
- Efficiently schedule ancillary diagnostic and consultative appointments as requested.
- Participate in issue-specific groups upon assignment. Report back any issues that affect or require a team decision.
- Perform other functions and duties to support the practice
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in medical office/reception setting or other customer service oriented position.
- Experience with windows operating systems.
- Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred.
Joslin is an EEO M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 6 months ago