We are currently seeking a Medical Office Manager/Practice Administrator for our office in the Tarzana, CA area. Resume must reflect a minimum of 5 years experience in a physician office/group setting with a minimum of 2-3 years medical office management experience (managing staff of 5 or higher at one office and doctors for 2 hospitals).
This position is responsible for managing daily operations of a busy, well-established medical practice ensuring efficient office operations as well as ensuring organizational goals and objectives are met. Successful candidate must be comfortable with front office oversight and have ability to "set-the-tone" and ensure exceptional customer service for our patients. Job responsibilities include management of employees, billing, scheduling, payroll, accounts payable, electronic medical records management and direct patient contact including phone calls and triage.
- Supervision and guidance to ensure efficiency in day-to-day operations
- Oversee daily activities of the front and back offices including scheduling, reception and insurance authorization/ verification
- Maintaining physician and staff schedules
- Strategizing with Doctor on needs of the practice
- Reporting productivity to upper management
- Handling patient complaints/concerns
- Responsible for hiring, training, development and evaluation of the office staff
- Responsible for promoting a customer service orientation throughout the practice
- Participate with center administrator in developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the office staff
- Manage staff schedule and time off requests while providing appropriate coverage for staffing
- Coordination of staff training
- Maintain employee morale while holding employees accountable for their action
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- At least 5 years experience working in a medical office with some managerial experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, Outlook Email and typing skills as well as proficiency with electronic medical records required
- Hands-on medical knowledge required since job will entail significant patient contact
- 2+ years medical management experience (staff of at least 5) and managing multiple locations coordinating hospital staffing
- Strong knowledge of medical billing, insurance contracts/payors and front office/back office operations
- Experience in interviewing/hiring/firing/coaching staff
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Extreme amount of patience in dealing with busy doctors
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with medical providers, office staff, administration and patients
- Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented and work independently
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of Associates Degree in related field
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation package and future growth opportunities within the company. For full-time employees, we offer an extensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.