The selected candidate will be responsible for all physics and radiation safety duties including treatment planning, dosimetry data management, special physics reports and consultations, equipment calibration of linear accelerators and simulation machine, and quality assurance of patient treatment equipment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Develops and implements protocols in conjunction with all medical staff to achieve a high level of patient service with the greatest efficiency and economy. Assures that all patients receive quality care.
2. Assists in the development of long-term strategic plan and ways to optimize patient care, staff working environment and cost containment.
3. Assists all medical staff with treatment planning. Assures accuracy of simulations and treatment delivery.
4. Creates computer generated isodose plans for external beam radiation therapy and brachytherapy treatments.
5. Performs Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) duties and responsibilities.
6. Maintains licensing related to any radioactive materials and registration relating to x-ray generating machines
7. Provides support with complex patient setups.
8. Generates unique dosimetry data. Maintains all dosimetry data and manuals. Provides dosimetry measurements during patient treatments.
9. Routinely checks calculations of data used for patient computations.
10. Provides input on the accuracy and interpretation of computerized treatment plans.
11. Provides routine equipment calibration checks of linear accelerators and simulation machine.
12. Ensures quality assurance on the accuracy of all treatment equipment.
13. Interacts with service and maintenance personnel on treatment equipment performance. Verifies treatment equipment performance after maintenance.
14. Performs annual survey regarding all treatment equipment including linear accelerators and simulation machine.
15. Assists with new equipment recommendations.
16. Coordinates and performs data measurement and machine acceptance to bring new technology on line in a timely manner.
17. Participates in weekly chart conferences.
18. Prepares and presents quality assurance reports.
19. Adheres to established policies and procedures, mission, vision, values, strategic plan, annual goals, objectives, corporate compliance program, quality improvement program, safety and infection control standards.
20. Ensures care and upkeep of equipment and supplies.
21. Assists in developing policies and procedures.
22. Participates in special projects as necessary.
23. Maintains a collegial and effective working relationship with all staff.
24. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
25. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
26. Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences and workshops
27. Handles confidential matters concerning clinic policies and practices in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
28. Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
> Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
> Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
> Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
> Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
> Ability to utilize effective communications, both written and verbal.
> Ability to contribute to a safe, amiable working environment.
> Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and staff. M.S. or Ph.D. in Medical Physics.
> Certification by American Board of Radiology or American Board of Medical Physicists required.
> At least 8-years experience as radiation physicist.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for operation of all department equipment. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Assists patients weighing up to 300 pounds, and places them in appropriate positions for operation of equipment. Vision and hearing must be correctable to normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Occasional late evening and/or weekend work may be required depending on patient load.
Sansum Clinic - 15 months ago