Under general supervision, performs all duties related to the registration of patients, including obtaining and or verifying current insurance information. Collecting missing information as needed. Collects co-pays and patient responsibility portion of charges. Receives and handles incoming telephone calls.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interviews and registers patients, obtaining and updating patient demographic and insurance information. Identifies need for referral if not present in chart. Verify that all testing is available in the EMR as well as any paperwork that the patient brings to the office (testing, history forms, medication lists, new insurance cards, driver’s license, etc.)
Verifies and reviews patient history for new patients, as well as updating established patient’s files as needed. Scans completed history forms into the EMR.
Obtains co-pays and self-responsibility portion of charges/balances, recording collection per established guidelines.
Balances cash, checks, and charge payments according to established guidelines and forwards to the billing department for posting.
Performs various clerical duties including answering messages, answering phones, directing patients, handling mail distribution, scanning and faxing documents as needed.
Assists clinical support staff by escorting patients as needed.
Minimum Knowledge and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Minimum work Experience:
- Two years front desk – medical office experience
- Two years clerical experience to include customer service
Work requires use of various clerical office skills including:
- Answering multi-line phone system
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Verifying patient demographics and insurance information
- Collecting and recording patient copayments
Specific knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous front desk experience in a medical office
Please upload your resume in PDF or Word format (5MB maximum file size):
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Phone (required)