Provides clerical and secretarial support to the staff of a village or sub regional clinic.
- Prefer high school graduate. GED certificate or equivalent acceptable.
- Prefer accurate typing skills at 30 words per minute.
- Prefer basic word processing experience.
- Able and willing to learn billing and bookkeeping procedures.
- Able to use English for both written and verbal communication.
- Prefer ability to speak local native language.
- Able to receive and follow instruction and independently organize and accomplish tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Dependable, and maintains confidentiality.
- Resides in assigned community.
- Commitment to the job for a minimum of two years.
- Able to leave the village for periods of 1-6 weeks for training.
- Able to provide year-round coverage of clinic hours.
- Able to perform the physical demands of the job.
- Satisfactory reference and criminal checks.
- Recommended by the Traditional Village Council of the assigned village.
- Negative drug screen.
- Adheres to BBAHC and CHAP policies and procedures.
- Consistently adheres to BBAHC and CHAP policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning corporate business and finances, employee relations, and patient information.
- Is punctual, reliable, and maintains ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Complies with standard infection control precautions.
- Assists the clinic staff with providing an efficient and smooth running clinic
- Answers the telephone and handles calls appropriately and courteously.
- Schedules patient appointments and maintains a current clinic appointment schedule.
- Pulls patient charts. Keeps patients' charts organized, current, and filed appropriately. Initiates patient encounter forms by entering patient identifiers and demographic information.
- Establishes, maintains, and revises record keeping and filing systems. Classifies, sorts, files, and mails/transmits correspondence, records and other documents as needed and as indicated by other clinic staff.
- Orders office/clinic supplies and equipment as directed by other clinic staff.
- Assists patients by arranging health care appointments outside the village as directed by other clinic staff.
- Assists patients by arranging Medicaid patient travel and completing Medicaid paperwork.
- Completes paper work for billing as required by the Patient Accounts Manager at Kanakanak Hospital and forwards that paper work to Kanakanak Hospital as directed. Receives and receipts payments, completes insurance forms and performs other billing functions as directed.
- Works cooperatively, effectively and courteously with clinic and BBAHC staff, local Village Council, village residents, staff from other agencies, and visitors to the clinic.
- Actively participates in Medicaid outreach. C. Acquires, maintains, and enhances the skills needed to perform job duties.
- Attends and successfully completes BBAHC training sessions in the annual mandatory review of BBAHC and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains current card in Basic Life Support.
- Attends and successfully completes additional training classes as arranged by the CHAP Training Coordinator.
- Makes satisfactory progress toward achieving development plan and work plan recommendations.