DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
REPORTS TO: Health Center Office Manager
STATUS: Full-time; Non-exempt; Hourly
Be the first point of contact for Clinic patients. Greet, check-in and assist patients. Works to maintain and promote D.A.P. mission statement working with other D.A.P. departments for continuity of care with agency clients.
· Patient scheduling – medical apppointments
* Pa tient data entry in EHR System;
· Check in patients using Phressia;
· Scan patient records as needed;
· Scan new client intake records;
· Ensure patient insurance is in place prior to visit;
· Verify patient TB results are up to date in EHR. Notify nursing if not up to date;
· Manage clinic schedule to ensure optimum patient access;
· Collect co pays and patient payments;
· Verify daily receipt of EOB’s, patient payments, co-pays;
· Ensure PCRS, Notice of Privacy, and Consent to Treat Form are in each patient EHR;
· Maintain recognized medical industry standards of high quality, client-centered services which are HIPAA compliant
· Provide superior customer service to all patients.
· Schedule for educational luncheons with pharmaceutical reps as directed;
· Cross train employees on front desk as assigned;
· Other relevant duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
· Associate of Arts/Associate Science Degree preferred. On the job medical office experience can substitute for degree;
· Minimum five years experience in medical office operations;
· Knowledge of EHR required;
· Computer expertise (word processing and database input);
· Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral;
· Excellent customer service skills required;
· Relate to all types of individuals in a non?judgmental and professional way;
· Work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities;
· Interface effectively in a team environment with patients, agency staff and volunteers;
· Handle crisis and stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner.
· Must be able to multi task;
· Must work well under pressure.
Desert AIDS Project - 15 months ago