DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
REPORTS TO: Health Center Front Office Manager
PAY RANGE : DOE
STATUS: Full-time; Non-exempt; Hourly
Be the first point of contact for Clinic patients. Greet, check-in and assist patients. Works to maintain and promote D.A.P. mission statement working with other D.A.P. departments for continuity of care with agency clients.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
- Patient scheduling - medical;
- Patient data entry in EHR System;
- Check in patients using Phressia;
- Scan patient records as needed;
- Scan new client intake records;
- Ensure patient insurance is in place prior to visit;
- Verify patient TB results are up to date in EHR. Notify nursing if not up to date;
- Manage clinic schedule to ensure optimum patient access;
- Collect co pays and patient payments;
- Verify daily receipt of EOBs, patient payments, co-pays;
- Ensure PCRS, Notice of Privacy, and Consent to Treat Form are in each patient EHR;
- Maintain recognized medical industry standards of high quality, client-centered services which are HIPAA compliant
- Provide superior customer service to all patients.
- Schedule for educational luncheons with pharmaceutical reps as directed;
- Cross train employees on front desk as assigned;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts/Associate Science Degree preferred. On the job medical office experience can substitute for degree;
- Minimum five years experience in medical office operations;
- Knowledge of EHR required;
- Computer expertise (word processing and database input);
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent customer service skills required;
- Relate to all types of individuals in a non 11judgmental and professional way;
- Work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities;
- Interface effectively in a team environment with patients, agency staff and volunteers;
- Handle crisis and stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner.
- Must be able to multi task;
- Must work well under pressure.