POSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Receptionist PN is responsible for greeting patients, verifying insurance and collecting patient co-payments. May complete referrals as requested. Provides quality phone service by scheduling patients or referring caller to appropriate party. Maintains that patient information is accurate and charts/paperwork is filed correctly.
1. Responds and complies with requests for information via most appropriate method, including fax.
2. Maintains information to be accurate and filed correctly.
3. Maintains the reception area in an organized manner and provides support for the front office.
4. Provides quality phone service by scheduling or referring caller to appropriate party and takes messages as needed.
5. Continually maintains Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other JCLHN compliance requirements.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 0-2 years medical front office experience. 2-3 Years experience
· Must demonstrate proficiency in Electronic Health Record post hire by attending required training and passing proficiency test.
Preferred: PCN Software Experience
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 21 months ago
John C. Lincoln Health Network is an acclaimed health system that includes two hospitals, physician practices, community outreach programs...