Medical Receptionist – |
Low Vision Clinic
Provide administrative support for the Low Vision Rehabilitation Center.
Essential JOB Functions:
· Maintain and order office supplies.
- Maintains computerized appointment schedule; schedules appointments and ensures patients receive appointment reminders. Advises staff and patients of scheduling changes.
- Greet patient and visitors
- Responsible for the maintenance of medical records and organizational files.
- Follow up on patient phone inquiries.
- Mail and fax correspondence as needed.
- Compile and enter data for monthly reports.
- Maintain computer files.
- Notify attending members of upcoming meeting times and places
- Perform minor service on office equipment and initiates service calls when necessary.
- Assume additional responsibilities, perform additional duties, and complete special projects as assigned.
TRAVEL: Light- for marketing and training requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year work experience in a medical/clinical office setting .
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in the operation of office equipment.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical billing processes preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to assist visually disabled and elderly patients.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work with professionals in a team environment.
- Desire to learn and grow with expanding clinic.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 lbs
- Must be able to report to workstation without assistance.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis.
SALARY: $13-$15 Depending on experience.
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Please apply online at www.salighthouse.org/jobs
SAN ANTONIO LIGHTHOUSE, A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.