CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES CODER POSITION The Coder - CPC is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides billing and coding expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receives and reviews charge documents.
- Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate.
- Abstracts CPT-4 and ICD-9-CM from medical records.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
- Bills and enters charges in a timely manner in a high volume setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
EDUCATION - A high school diploma or GED is required, however, an associate or bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of coding.
- Knowledge of medical coding and CPT-4, HCPCS II and ICD-9-CM.
- Good Organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand an EOB.
EXPERIENCE - Preferred Certified Medical Coder with Cardiology experience.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is required
Montefiore Medical Center, The University Hospital and Academic Medical Center for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is an...