The administrative assistant III position requires the applicant to function in an autonomous capacity with a high degree of organizational and communication skills. The major function of this position will be tracking and obtaining medical records for outreach clinic visits. The administrative assistant will be responsible for obtaining and uploading records prior to the evaluation so the nurse may make clinical assessments of the patients candidacy as well as after the evaluation appointment and as needed by the nursing staff. The administrative assistant will also be responsible for clinic prep including sending paperwork to outreach coordinators two weeks prior toe valuation date. The administrative assistant will also be responsible for sending letters to patients notifying them of any reason for not scheduling an evaluation appointment including unable to contact, clinical contraindications such as smoking or BMI or patient not interested within established regulatory guidelines. Administrative assistant will also be responsible for making patient education packets and reminder calls prior to clinic. All of this information will be maintained in the Teleresults and EPIC/APEX. The candidate may also provide reports and other administrative support to the outreach nurse upon request.
A secondary function of this position will be to provide cross coverage for other administrative assistants in the areas of front desk, scheduling and intake, clinic coverage, data entry and phone bank operator.
This position reports to the Kidney Transplant Analyst IV Manager
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following administrative assistant III duties include but are not limited to:
70% Patient Referral Intake for Outreach
30% Other Administrative Support
- Request Medical Records and Scan/Upload
- Prep for clinics- sending paperwork
- Sending letters to patients
- Making patient education packets
- Reminder Calls
- Check and distribute Efaxes
- Data entry for labs
- Phone bank coverage
- Cover other Intake AAs
- SF Eval clinic coverage
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidate must have a proven track record of a high degree of organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of the various types of Health Insurance categories
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) trained
- 2-4 years of recent experience working in a health care/physician practice, or College degree and 6 months related experience, or combination of education and experience
- Ability to analyze situations, prioritize, and develop solutions and make recommendations
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly
- Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time
- Basic math skills required
- Strong computer skills, inluding basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Office-type software programs (i.e., Word or Excel)
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals; Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with very ill patients
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish (read / write / speak)
- Working knowledge of EPIC® / Teleresults® / Microsoft office
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Careers at UCSF Medical Center
Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments —...