The Medical Records Assistant is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of each patient's medical record including the tracking, assembling, and filing of all required documents within established timeframes.
1. Audits admission documents for timely and completeness as follow-up to Clinical Manager/Resource Nurse audits.
2. Completes the tracking and timely processing of physician signatures on all Physician Plans of Care and modified orders; enters signature dates into Suncoast on a timely basis, and monitors integrity of Suncoast orders with signed copies in the medical record.
3. Completes the tracking and timely processing of medical records for discharged and deceased patients.
4. Completes the timely alphabetizing, collating, and filing of all submitted paperwork into the medical records.
5. Assists the Medical Records Coordinator or Clinical Managers to prepare paperwork for Team Meetings and for the Hospice Medical Directors as needed.
6. Participates in keeping the medical records in an orderly and secure manner according to accepted standards of practice, (HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules).
High School diploma required, minimum of two years general office experience in a healthcare facility. Medical record experience preferred. 1. Has ability to work under pressure with required timeframes 2. Is detail-oriented with strong organizational skills 3. Has a basic knowledge of medical terminology 4. Is able to communicate orally and in writing 5. Has ability to operate basic office equipment which includes: typewriter, computer, copier, fax machine 6. Must have basic experience with Microsoft Windows; Excel helpful
Capital Caring - 17 months ago
For 36 years, Capital Caring has helped families and loved ones make the most of every moment together by offering coordinated care, comfort...