1 year of experience required
Job Description: Medical Records Assistant |
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Administrator
We here at Shea Family Care-Magnolia are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our Administrative Staff. Shea Family Care-Magnolia and all of our affiliated centers make every effort to get to know our residents and make every day fit right into what they need and what they enjoy. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
The Medical Records Assistant will be responsible for compiling and maintaining medical records of patients of health care delivery system to document patient condition and treatment by supporting the Medical Records Director, the DON, and the Administrator by performing the following duties.
- High School Diploma or GED required. BA preferred.
- Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have a high moral standard of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assists in reviewing medical case histories; coding diseases and treatment procedures; filing, withdrawing, issuing, and maintaining case files; and interpreting and editing patient files and forms.
- Assists in documenting, storing, and retrieving information, and for processing medical and legal documents, insurance data, and correspondence requests, in conformance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Answers inquiries relating to information contained in patients' charts.
- Participates in in-service educational materials and conducts instructional programs for health care personnel.
- Assists in analyzing patient data for reimbursement, facility planning, and quality of patient care, risk management, utilization management, and research.
Position is located in a facility with excellent physical surroundings. Will experience daily contact with areas of the facility where there are various odors, temperature changes, and where there are various types of equipment, i.e., food service carts, wheelchairs, walkers, resident beds, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional exposure to areas of the facility where there are loud noises and temperature changes.
Position Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.