St. David’s Center is currently hiring a Medical Records Assistant to join our Administration and Health Information Management (AHIM) team. The Medical Records Assistant serves a key role in medical records assistance and data entry support for the organization.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
This position is temporary and is expected to remain in effect until at least the fall of 2015. Permanent status may be evaluated at that time.
- Assisting in the set up of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management (PM) systems for all of the organization’s program areas, including data entry and reporting.
- Partnering with the Medical Records & Compliance Analyst to ensure clear communication regarding process updates, policy requirements, chart audit results, and program/client requests.
- Conducting monthly file audits for outlined programs to ensure that the medical record content adheres to established standards.
- Assisting the Finance and Human Resources departments with filing needs, as requested.
- Providing direct assistance to the Compliance & IT Strategist on all necessary aspects of the EMR implementation, including training and troubleshooting.
- Collaborating with program leaders for continuous communication and process improvement efforts related to the EMR & PM systems.
- Assisting with the development of agency-wide policies and procedures for discharging, closing, and archiving medical records.
- Completing any other duties as assigned by the AHIM Director.
Schedule: M-F; 40 hours per week
Education : A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social services, or a closely related field is preferred. An Associate’s degree in medical records management, database management, or a closely related field with 1-2 years of relevant experience will also be considered.
Experience : A minimum of one year of experience working with computers and work flow process management is required.
Knowledge: Qualified candidates must be extremely detail-oriented and computer- and systems-knowledgeable. Knowledge of health insurance, database reporting using relational databases, SQL, and St. David’s Center services is preferred.
Skills: Qualified candidates will possess all of the following skills/abilities: extremely detail-oriented; works well with/for others; ability to stay organized and on task under deadline; ownership and initiative over work; strong problem solver; ability to explain complex material in easy-to-understand terms to a wide range of audiences.
Other: Filing of paper records is an essential function of this role. As such, qualified candidates must be able to lift, bend and stand for reasonable periods of time.
MinnesotaJobs.com - 6 months ago