Assist medical record supervisor by providing lead direction. In her/his absence, serve as acting medical records supervisor. Assist in the training of new employees or temporary staff when needed. Monitor supplies on hand and inform supervisor of need to re-order. Order archived charts as needed by providers. Answer and respond to telephone requests. Perform a variety of clerical or other related computer data entry tasks as may be assigned. Analyze and review record requests for completeness and proper authorization; answer telephone and in-person inquires related to the status of requests for medical information related to continuity of patient care. Review, identify and categorize all documents to be scanned daily into patient charts. Review and process all incoming emails, faxes and mail. Provide back-up assistance as pharmacy cashier when needed.
UC San Diego is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
- Knowledge of records management systems; Experience using, developing, and maintaining computerized or paper records including the ability to quickly file and retrieve documents; Experience managing the workflow of paper and electronic document requests, including receipt, content verification, delivery, and approval routing.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding the release of private records.
- Experience with and proven ability to utilize computers, credit card terminals, software programs, internet and intranet browsers, and database and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) applications to efficiently and effectively accomplish job tasks.
- Skill in coordinating administrative activities and working efficiently in a busy, service oriented office atmosphere with frequent interruptions, varied work assignments, and fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to act as a Medical Records Lead in the absence of the Medical Records Supervisor; Oversee work of others; and ensure accurate and timely work, product and service.
- Must possess experience in exercising independent judgment and appropriate discretion when dealing with confidential situations and demonstrating ability to maintain patient confidentiality according to the American Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules.
- Ability to cooperate and willingness to learn and perform backup cashier duties. Experience using standard office equipment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interact in a positive team-oriented manner, possessing customer service skills of tact, poise, flexibility, diplomacy, and hospitality with a diverse population of staff, faculty, students, and community members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer service and communicating clearly, effectively and professionally, in person, in writing, via phone and email. Knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage, with the ability to compose and edit correspondence utilizing appropriate formats and styles.
UC San Diego Health System - 6 months ago
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...