Senior CommUnity Care is looking for a Medical Records Assistant to aide in the data entry of the medical records of our participants. This is a temporary part time position, with 16 hours per week through January.
Senior CommUnity Care is a health care choice for elders on Colorado’s Western Slope. Senior CommUnity Care is a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, also called a PACE. It is Western Colorado’s first PACE provider. Western Colorado has a growing population of elders who want to maintain their independence. Our mission is to provide health care services and support for elders living in Delta and Montrose Counties. This will help them stay independent, healthy, connected with friends and family in the community, and living at home. Learn more about Senior CommUnity Care at http://seniorcommunitycare.org/.
Senior CommUnity Care is a service of Volunteers of America. Volunteers of America is a respected nonprofit, faith-based organization that has served Colorado for 100 years. Nationwide, Volunteers of America helps nearly two million people every year through health services and programs for children, teens, adults and entire families. Learn more about Volunteers of America at www.voa.org.
Job Summary: The primary purpose of the Medical Records/Data Entry Assistant is to facilitate the maintenance of the participant’s medical record. Prioritizes, organizes and coordinates activities to facilitate smooth, efficient Center operations. Manages and performs audits, clerical and non-nursing administrative tasks for the Center. Serves as the communicator for the Center.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. EDUCATION: CNA or completion of a medical transcription course preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Prior experience as a Medical Records Assistant in health care preferred but not required.
3. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies. Good listening and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize duties.
• Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
• Ability to understand participant’s charts, doctor’s orders, participant’s plan of care, medication orders, all aspects of the electronic medical record.
• Attention to detail, follow through.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Ability to function under stress.
• Ability to adapt easily to change in routine.
• Ability to relate well with various personalities.
• Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
• Must be a team player.
Senior CommUnity Care offers an equal opportunity for employment or advancement to all qualified applicants or employees. Persons with authority to hire, discharge, transfer or promote personnel make these decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Volunteers of America - 8 months ago
At Volunteers of America, we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service that includes nearly 16,000 paid,...