Assists Clinical Program Manager and clinical care staff in entry of clinical patient documentation, tracking of performance improvement data, filing and maintenance of patient charts and clinical records. Supports reimbursement functions.
1. Prepares and organizes admission packets, patient charts, entry records and other patient information in a timely manner.
2. Prepares clinical orders including plans of care, daily notes, patient assessments for mailing, logs orders information system or manually and tracks timeliness of return of signed orders.
3. Verifies consistency and accuracy of clinical information entered into patient charts.
4. Maintains forms and other supplies for clinical staff.
5. Communicates with various managers, supervisors and employees as needed to obtain, verify, and/or correct information.
6. Maintains confidentiality of patient medical records.
7. Ensures timely and accurate processing of documents and filing.
8. Assists when directed in billing processes.
10. Provides backup support in reimbursement and clerical functions. Relieves switchboard on rotation with other administrative support staff.
11. Performs other related responsibilities as requested or required in accordance with accepted procedure, and responds to special requests by management in a timely and accurate manner
12. Demonstrates service excellence in the day-to-day job performance.
Promotes a positive image of the Agency and supports Administration in its goals and objectives.
Displays courtesy and tact in all contact with staff, patients, and others.
Provides assistance to visitors, outside agencies, and staff personnel. Greets visitors.
Attends meetings, in-services, and continuing education programs as scheduled.
Handles inquiries and complaints discreetly and effectively per policy and procedure.
13. Participates in CQI activities.
Minimum Position Requirements
High School graduate or GED required. One year business office experience in health care setting required. One year data entry experience with home health experience preferred. Proficient with CRT use. Demonstrates ability to work under pressure at times, meets deadlines and last minute assignments. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
1 part - time vacancy. Position is located in Belhaven, NC.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
Vidant Medical Center - 12 months ago