LifeLong Medical Care
The Medical Records Clerk serves as a team member under the direction of the Medical Records Supervisor who establishes assignments in meeting the day-to-day goals of the medical records department. the Medical Records Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of patient medical records, maintenance of systems for the retrieval of medical records, and assistance to the medical assistants, providers, and triage staff.
- Assists in maintaining the medical records system, including: preparation of charts for patient appointments, re-filling charts, assembling new charts and integrating them into files, filing lab reports, repairing charts, and locating charts for medical providers.
- Assigns new patient charts numbers and records corrections to patient information in the Merritt system.
- Assists in resolving and researching duplicate medical records charts, numbers, forms, as needed, assuring corrections are recorded in Merritt.
- Locates charts for all medical providers for all incoming messages, including patient correspondence from other facilities. Pulls daily charts for triage; medication refills etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Clinic Director.
Education and Experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Clerical Skills: copying, filing, and other office skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate well on the phone and in person.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION (40 HRS/WK) WITH BENEFITS
- High School diploma. AA degree preferred.
- Two years experience in a medical setting.
LifeLong Medical Care is an EOE
LifeLong Medical Care - 11 months ago
LifeLong provides high-quality health and social services to people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with...