Job Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Screen, record and redirect telephone calls.
- Schedule patient appointments and perform patient appointment notifications per the MTF scheduling and notification procedures; coordinate patient appoints to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Take accurate messages and relay information in a timely manner.
- Receive greet and direct patients, visitors and hospital personnel; provide accurate responses.
- Provide accurate and timely technical and administrative reports and correspondence to providers for the completion of patient records.
- Ensure patient forms are complete before sending to clinical personnel and before the medical records are filed at visit conclusion.
- Arrange transportation/escort services for patients require this assistance and respond to patient requests for non-nursing services.
- Prepare requisitions for diagnostic tests.
- Maintain currency of patient information and data using AHLTA and CHCS.
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and medical record documentation to entry/retrieval of data to/from patients medical records; retrieve morbidity data using AHLTA; use CHCS to verify and update patient demographics and insurance information and to generate clinical and administrative forms.
- Reconcile all appointed patient encounter forms, other than same day appointments or walk-in patients with the correct patient record.
- Print encounter forms for same-day appointments, non-appointed patients and for patients referred to a clinic from the emergency room.
- Verify that all required information on encounter forms are properly completed at the conclusion of each patient encounter.
- Requisition supplies in accordance with established procedures.
Two-step Tuberculin Skin Test, or an evaluation if known PPD reactor with the past year.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- High-School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Successful completion of training as a general or medical clerk or sufficient on the job training that qualifies the employee to perform the duties required.
- Ability to use a variety of software application and to type on a computer/word processor a minimum of 30 words a minute.
- Comply with MTF occupational health requirements for Category 2 personnel, these requirements include:
Annual seasonal influenza vaccination.
Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) within the preceding 10 years.
Physician documented history of varicella (chickenpox/herpes zoster) disease, or 2 dose vaccine series, or Positive IgG titer.
MMR live virus 2 dose vaccine, or positive IgG titer for each of Measles, Mumps and Rubella.
MUST APPLY ONLINE. Resumes alone are not accepted. You may cut and paste your resume to the bottom of your application.
Alutiiq - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard