Provide staff with an efficient system for maintaining, filing, locating, logging, retrieving and delivering patient medical records.
- Demonstrates ability to pull charts based on established standards. Prepare new patient charts. Repair damaged charts. Understand archive chart process and procedures.
- Identify different report types. Identify and place in order under chart divider.
- Sort and deliver patient charts to appropriate locations. Pick-up charts upon request. Re-file returned charts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of use and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Answer medical records telephone and respond accordingly.
- Enhance professional growth and development through in-service meetings, education programs, conferences, etc. Attend required meetings and participate in committees as assigned.
- Other: Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of medical record technology program or medical terminology and basic computer application courses preferred
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Health Information Management
ND-Williston-Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 11 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...