Medical Records Clerk
Basic Duties : The Medical Records Clerk (MRC) organizes and maintains medical records by collecting information about inmates patients. Information about patients includes test results diagnosis, exam results, recommended treatments, prior medical history and other relevant data. The MRC maintains accurate record keeping and ensures that medical records are well organized. This position will work effectively with patients, departmental staff, mental health staff, dental staff, other medical / nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, to provide general medical care to individuals within a correctional facility.
Working Conditions : Work is performed inside a correctional facility. This position works within the confines of CJC, a medium security level county jail facility.
CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report.
CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees, including premium holiday pay, overtime pay, and paid time off.
Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to :
Employment Requirements :
- Receives and reviews all incoming and outgoing medical records to ensure completeness and proper order.
- Accurately files all documents related to a patient's medical record(s).
- Performs incidental typing and scanning of all medical records.
- Prepares completed medical record(s) of inmates for inmate transfer, parole and discharge.
- Appropriately releases medical information and documentation of released information as appropriately requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical information and records
- Works within the guidelines of all policies, procedures and policies of the institution.
- Orders office supplies for medical unit.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, as well as monthly meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year clerical / administrative assistant experience required.
- Demonstrated computer literacy is required.
- Ability to appropriately and safely use standard office equipment, including, but not limited to, photocopier, fax machine, scanner and various computer based software, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous experience with electronic medical records (EMR) is preferred.
One (1) full time, 40 hours per week position is available. Days and hours are Monday - Friday, from 8am to 4:30pm, with a 30 minute meal break each day.