The Medical Records Clerk assists in the preparation and maintenance of medical and statistical records and reports in accordance with the medical, administrative, legal, regulatory, and institutional requirements of the health care delivery system.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- One to three months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy with a minimum of basic experience with office machines including but not limited to faxes, copies and scanners.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 2 years ago