Performs various medical records/clerical activities.
- Monitor equipment for maintenance needs--postage meter, fax machine, copiers, scanners and computers in medical records area.
- Assist in moving boxes, light furniture and equipment, water bottles and other job-related duties as requested.
- Ensures customer service excellence via WE CARE customer service training and employs Weill Cornell Physician Organization Standards. Conforms to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
- Scans incoming lab results and consult letters into correct patient charts in Epic in a timely manner.
- Ensures that medical record requests are handled appropriately by obtaining a release form from patients and physician approval before processing.
- Maintains a detailed log of all incoming/outgoing records request and ensures that copying fee invoices are sent out appropriately.
- Listens to medical records voicemail throughout the day and return calls in a timely manner.
- Distribute mail and incoming faxes
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor/DA/Medical Director.
Skill and Abilities
- High school degree or equivalent.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 21 months ago