Administers the day-to-day operations of the Medical Records Room for the division. Performs a variety of administrative and clerical responsibilities for physicians and administrative office. Provides a full range of support services, including office, time, personnel and information management functions. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associate's degree or B.A. degree.
- Completion of course in medical records technology.
- Accredited Record Technician (ART) certification is preferred.
- Three years of directly related work experience in a medical records environment is required.
- Knowledge of medical records filing system.
- Basic English grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and read and understand information about departmental requirements.
- Knowledge of the IDX scheduling system and/or other automated scheduling/registration system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be organized, responsible, dependable, trustworthy and able to function in a crisis situation.
- Must be able to handle stress.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate, Director
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...