The Medical Records Coordinator provides support to the Medical Records Manager, performs various clerical duties, prepares and transmits necessary documents for physician signatures, receives documents, updates records to reflect those that have been signed and performs other tasks as assigned.
ROLE SPECIFIC CRITERIA
• Works with Medical Directors in processing and completion of death certifications.
• Works closely with other departments to assure flow of paperwork within the organization.
• Monitors certifications and recertification statements and enters completed forms into Employee Medical Records.
• Sends out physician orders for signature.
• Processes incoming signed orders.
• Processes and organizes IPU charts
• Process requests for Medical Records.
• Physician licensure verification and updates physician maintenance.
• Monitors OIG exclusion list monthly.
• Processes admission paperwork.
• Processes all outgoing and incoming mail for the Medical Records Department.
• Scans and saves documents into Employee Medical Record as needed.
• Monitors quality of data in computer systems.
• Assists with organizing and maintaining off-site document storage.
• Attends and participates in department meetings and department policy definition.
• Serves as back up for Medical Records Manager when needed.
• Other tasks as defined or approved by Medical Records Manager.
•1-3 years of general office experience required.
Education and training and licensing requirements:
• High school diploma required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/D/V
Hosparus - 16 months ago