Coordinates medical record functions to include record maintenance of open and closed records and performs coding and billing process on patient discharges.
High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree in Health Information Management preferred.
Currently credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
Must have a minimum of two years' experience in medical records. Must possess working knowledge of JCAHO standards.
1. Must have knowledge of Medicare regulations.
2. Must be knowledgeable of word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer programs.
3. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations.
4. Must be able to perform tasks in a timely manner with little supervision.
5. Must possess flexibility.
6. Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
7. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow oral and written instructions,
and accept constructive criticism.
8. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully and communicate appropriately with physicians,
employees, patients, visitors, and the general public.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
1. Subject to work in a high activity, stressful environment.
2. Subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Must be willing to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends if needed.
4. Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently and 10 lbs. constantly.
5. Ability to walk and stand 80% of an 8 to 12 hour shift.
Noland Health Services - 22 months ago