- 1-2 years experience required
Performs a variety a filing tasks in the ambulatory care setting. Files documents timely and accurately. Labels charts correctly. Purges and fixes charts as needed. Distributes charts appropriately and timely. Handles phone calls appropriately. Clarifies staff, patient and co-workers concerns. Performs mail and postage duties as needed.
Adheres to confidentiality policies. Utilizes computer effectively to perform job functions. Performs information releases accurately. Adheres to all regulation concerning medical record, confidentiality, compliance OSHA, and infection control as well as hospital and clinic policies.
- High school graduate.
- Medical Terminology experience or educational equivalency.
- Previous office, filing and computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrates understanding that all employees are responsible for patient safety. Questions policies, environment and situations that may pose or are risks to patients. Recognizes the importance of reporting errors and near misses to protect and service the patient and improve processes. Encourages patients to be active partners in their care to prevent harm and injury.
- Teamwork-Promotes teamwork, fairness and concern for others.
- Successfully completes competency testing. Attends department meetings.
- Communication-Demonstrates the ability to effectively express thoughts and ideas/information. Written material is clear and legible. Documents appropriately. Effectively communicates with staff and co-workers.