MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
STATUS: Full Time/Hourly
BEGINNING WAGE: DOE
• Compile, process and maintain medical/client records of the agency in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the agency.
• Direct Activities of medical records staff and others in maintaining client records for the agency.
• Maintain all existing medical records including filing and purging;
• Maintain medical records for completeness;
• Scan patient documents into electronic medical record database and route as appropriate;
• Complete requests for medical records copies;
• Ensure all HIPAA procedures are followed;
• Maintain faxes within the medical record system and medical clinic;
• Supervise volunteers as needed;
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
Associate of Arts/Associate Science Degree in Health Care Information Management;
REGISTERED HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN through the American Health Information Management Association preferred.
Minimum 5 years of on the job exerience in Medical Records Managment;
Medical records background with experience a must.
Experience working with EMR/EHR systems required; Greenway preferred;
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and current laws pertaining to maintenance and protection of client records;
Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required.
* Relate to all types of individuals in a non judgmental and professional way;
* Work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities;
* Interface effectively in a team environment with agency staff and volunteers;
* Handle crisis and stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner;
* Focus on fine details of record keeping
Essential Job Functions:
* Ability to interpret client files and medical charts;
* Ability to operate telephone switchboard or handle multiple phone lines;
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals.
* Ability to operate computer and standard office software.
* Ability to operate standard office equipment – copier, scanner fax machine, etc.
Desert AIDS Project is a EOE and a Drug Free Workplace. We value diversity and encourage women and minorities to apply for open positions.