Medical Records Scanner Clerk
UHA - HIM Department
Menlo Park, CA
The Medical Records Imaging Scanner/indexer will be responsible for accurately scanning medical records into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record). Performs duties related to the receipt, intake, scanning, indexing, quality control, and transfer of health and administrative information.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- On a daily basis, continuously scan and/or indexes records into the EMR.
- May sort and prepare documents for imaging.
- Scans documents, verifies they are imaged correctly and accurately indexes images.
- From time to time, may have to prepare the medical records for scanning.
- Quality checks on all records to assure all documents did indeed get scanned.
- Double check that the record is prepped correctly as it is scanned, identifying forms that have been categorized incorrectly.
- May have to occasionally prep records for scanning as needed.
- Indexes records off of computer or paper.
- This position may require travel to East and South Bay UHA work site locations.
- Able to be trained to become familiar with the medical record
- Capable of categorizing forms within the medical record
- Ability to prioritize and identify urgent requests
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED required
- Must be extremely detail orientated with a high degree of accuracy
- Exposure to the healthcare industry preferred
We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to
UHACareers@UHAhealth.org . Please include "Medical Records Scanner Clerk" in the subject line.