Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeing a Medical Records Professional (CMA) for a special Electronic Medical Records (EMR) project.
Administrative Duties Include:
- Front desk reception duties, i.e. answer phones, triage patient calls, and schedule appointments.
- Greet patients, complete registration forms, and provide instructions.
- File and maintain medical records. Review medical record system for accuracy and completes necessary data.
- Prepare and type correspondence.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Perform computer skills in transcription, patient scheduling, insurance claims, and data entry.
- Performbasic accounting and banking procedures.
- Scanning productivity.
- High School Graduate.
- Prior experience working in an environment with an Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Certification as a Medical Assistant with at least two (2) years of general patient care experience, preferably in a physician practice or clinic/outpatient setting.
- Familiarity with medical insurance terms and requirements.
****Full-Time/Flexible hours needed for a 3 month EMR Project****
$14.00- $16.00/ Hour
- Criminal Background Check
Employees placed on Temporary Appointments are not eligible to participate in employee benefit programs (i.e. paid leave, retirement, health insurances, etc.) but are enrolled in the FICA Alternative plan. Upon completing an assignment, employees may apply for a position on the university job board.
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid email account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume into one attachement. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer .
Job Opening ID: 505480
Business Unit: COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Department: HCN FGP
Florida International University - 23 months ago