1. Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives
regarding Physician Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey.
2. Maintain high level of competence on Physician Billing computer system.
3. Takes active role in facilitation team approach to functions within the department:
4. Pull charts for future patient appointments. Insert outguide as marker.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisor for consideration.
5. Review charts for appointment needs. Request test results as indicated at last visit.
6. Assess charts for neatness and accuracy.
7. Update patient forms as needed.
8. Print final schedules and encounter forms.
9. Maintain patient and physician office schedules.
10. Answer telephones within three rings, prioritize calls and coordinate service with the
11.. Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record filing system.
12. Receive/transfer patient records with required records release.
13. Types, files and distributes correspondence as directed.
14. Collect and process payments at time of service.
15. Coordinate as necessary with billing office.
16. Be familiar with policies of various insurance companies.
17. Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested.
18. Greet patients and visitors. Control patient flow
19. Coordinate supplies and equipment needs with various departments and vendors.
20. Open/close office as required.
21. Work with Physicians to create efficient office operations.
22. Receive, sort and send mail as needed.
23. Verify patient demographic information and accurately enter same into computer system.
24. Review charge slips submitted by physician and accurately enter charge information, assist
physician with accurate coding information and process in a timely fashion to the Central
25. Assist patients in understanding account balances and actively work to collect same.
26. Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office.
27. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the
proper release of information.
28. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and
environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
29. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in
interactions with all customers (internal and external).
30. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical
Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
31. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient
use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
32. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
Assist "back staff", as needed.
Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting up to eight hours per day. Continually use fingers for typing, writing, and handling patient charts. Routinely use upper extremities; occasionally to lift items up to so pounds. Rarely push cart with supplies up to 30 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair with patient weighing up to 325 pounds. Stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level regularly. Hearing required to be sharp and alert. General, near, and peripheral vision are all required.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year office experience in a similar setting.
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard