InGenesis provides healthcare management and staffing solutions to government, education and corporate clients and is one of America’s fastest-growing independent companies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains the medical records system in accordance with the IHSC policy and procedures.
2. Greets patients, answers telephone, and takes messages as medical facility receptionist as well
as maintaining appointment system for patients and clinical staff.
3. Tracks compliance with scheduled patient appointments, making timely reminders notices or calls
to the clinical and INS staff prior to each appointment.
4. Determines coding for relevant medical record forms from appropriate references.
5. Files laboratory, radiology and other reports in appropriate sections of the medical record within
prescribed time period.
6. Routes clinical reports to appropriate clinic staff within prescribed time period.
7. Archives clinical information from the medical record within prescribed time period in accordance
with established policy and procedure.
8. Assures compliance with privacy act and informed consent requirements in all activities.
9. Reviews the records off all detainees scheduled for release to assure compliance with
established clinical and record requirements.
10. Writes correspondence for the medical record service and for requests for medical information,
enclosing proper authorization and release forms.
Brandon Aguilar - (210)366-0033 x264
- 1. Thorough understanding of medical terminology and the use of International Clarification of
Diseases and Operations to code appropriate forms.
1. Thorough knowledge of the Privacy Act and informed consent requirements.
2. Skill to recognize errors, inconsistencies and omissions in medical records and to work with
medical staff to correct information.
3. Working knowledge and familiarity of personal computers and application programs (word
processing, data base, spreadsheets).
4. Knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation. General knowledge of appointment systems.
5. Familiar with all required guidelines to include the IHSC policies and procedures for medical
records, clinical and standard dictionaries and other reference literature.
InGenesis - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard