Summary Description: Seasonal (Nov 2012 to March 2013)
The Medical Representative will serve as the site’s medical representative in the FC. The Medical Rep will provide functions such as: provide First aid treatment to injured employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers’ compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
- Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of associates.
- Contact treating physicians as necessary, to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, and arrange further treatment.
- Train managers and associate volunteers in 1st aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety and Sr. leadership team.
- Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled with a recommendation on how to reduce risk and severity of injuries.
- Participate as needed in weekly site case management review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
- Participate in incident investigations as needed.
- Develop Physical Demands Assessments for every task.
- Attend the weekly associate safety committee meeting.
- Evaluate stretching program – assist safety with custom tailored stretching program, possibly through coordination with the off-site medical provider’s physical therapy department.
- Frequently attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
- Greet all new hires, either through 1-1 interaction or in group setting during new hire orientation
- Be actively involved with site Kaizens.
- Learn each job function in facility so to fully understand the body mechanics involved in the task.
- Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers
- Help coordinate an onsite health fair annually
- Understand and learn each department and communicate the proper techniques on how to prevent CTDs
- Update the communication board with “at home tips” such as number of hours for sleep, hygiene suggestions and proper foods to eat
- Ability to communicate safety needs at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills: analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Must have an EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health from the state they are practicing in
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Candidate must be certified to teach First Aid, CPR, and AED
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate will be required to maintain all medical credentials
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910 preferred
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...