The Medical Representative will serve as the site’s medical representative in the FC. The Medical Rep will provide functions such as: provide First aid treatment to injured employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the workers’ compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
• Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
• Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
• Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of associates.
• Contact treating physicians as necessary, to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, and arrange further treatment.
• Train managers and associate volunteers in 1st aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
• Provide daily activity logs to the safety and Sr. leadership team.
• Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled with a recommendation on how to reduce risk and severity of injuries.
• Participate as needed in weekly site case management review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
• Participate in incident investigations as needed.
• Develop Physical Demands Assessments for every task.
• Attend the weekly associate safety committee meeting.
• Evaluate stretching program – assist safety with custom tailored stretching program, possibly through coordination with the off-site medical provider’s physical therapy department.
• Frequently attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
• Greet all new hires, either through 1-1 interaction or in group setting during new hire orientation
• Be actively involved with site Kaizens.
• Learn each job function in facility so to fully understand the body mechanics involved in the task.
• Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers
• Help coordinate an onsite health fair annually
• Understand and learn each department and communicate the proper techniques on how to prevent CTDs
• Update the communication board with “at home tips” such as number of hours for sleep, hygiene suggestions and proper foods to eat
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to communicate safety needs at all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical skills: analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
• Must have an EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health from the state they are practicing in
• Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
• Candidate must be certified to teach First Aid, CPR, and AED
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associate will be required to maintain all medical credentials
• Experience leading and managing a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910 preferred
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...