Medical Records Scanner
***This position will float between the offices of ENT, Urology, Women's Health on McIntire & Women's Health on 2nd street. *****
Indiana University Health’s mission is to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Core Values are;
· Total patient care, including mind, body and spirit
· Quality of care and respect for life
· Charity, equality and justice in health care
· Leadership in health promotion and wellness
· Trust, Excellence, Accountability and Mutual Respect
Job Summary :
Responsible for sorting, preparing, scanning, indexing, and the quality assurance for documents received from practice site. Documents will be scanned into the electronic medical record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scans documents into the electronic medical records within specified time standards.
· Researches patient information to determine proper filing of medical documents into the electronic medical record .
· Determines document types and proper headings
· Corrects duplicate or incorrect scans
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Knowledge of insurance reimbursement including CPT/ICD coding
· Computer skills, EMR experience, IT knowledge
· Excellent communication, organizational and management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma/GED required.
· Previous office experience, ideally medical office, preferred
· 3 months to 1 year clerical experience preferred
· High level of motivation to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Ability to multitask and strong attention to detail.
· Sitting for lengthy period of time.
· Lifting 20 to 25 lbs