Medical Science Liaison - Boston NorthEast-31822
Genzyme Corporation, ranked as one of the foremost biotechnology companies in the world, is committed to providing an exceptional environment in which individuals can excel, and achieve their professional and personal goals. Genzyme's people and culture have been consistently recognized for excellence. For example, we have been named several times to Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. We also consistently rank among the top employers for scientists in surveys of Science readers. Genzyme's local offices and facilities in Europe and other parts of the world have earned similar distinction as respected employers. By applying for a position with Genzyme, you are taking the first step toward becoming a part of our dynamic and talented team, and sharing in our continued success.
Personalized Genetic Health (PGH) Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the key field-based member of the US Personalized Genetic Health (PGH) Medical Affairs team. The MSL leads the communication and execution of all PGH medical and scientific programs for a specified geographic region of the United States (US). The MSL will establish and maintain collaborative medical and scientific relationships with key opinion leaders and other healthcare providers. The MSL will build strong internal relationships with colleagues in various functional groups while always maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other healthcare providers.
- Serve as the medical and scientific educational resource in the field to healthcare providers on disease state concepts, including the ability to provide effective and accurate discourse through various modes of communication such as lecture and one-on-one interaction.
- Lead the communication in the field about the lysosomal disease registries, investigator sponsored studies (ISS), training programs and educational outreach.
- Serve as a liaison between the internal scientific review committee and healthcare providers interested in conducting investigator sponsored studies by facilitating the review and consideration of study proposals that are aligned with disease-specific medical and scientific priorities.
- Serve as the primary contact with lysosomal disease registry investigators and study coordinators to discuss emerging data, provide training and support of current and new databases, to communicate data entry priorities and to establish data entry strategies.
- Provide support to the clinical development team regarding clinical site identification and recruitment activities.
- Train healthcare professionals about product Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS).
- Maintain expertise through participation in continuing medical and scientific education including attendance at relevant medical and scientific symposium, workshops, preceptorships, and completion of internal training curriculum.
- Communicate the scientific merits that support Genzyme products to payers and formulary committees in collaboration with Genzyme Corporate Accounts.
- Ensure full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Up to 75% travel throughout the NorthEast is required.
Advanced medical or scientific degree and/or professional credentials: MS/CGC, MD, PhD, or PharmD strongly preferred.
Minimum of 3 years MSL experience.
Outstanding interpersonal skills, including building strong working relationships, and managing and resolving conflict.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment; strongly team oriented.
Superb communication skills; oral and written, including presentation skills.
Current knowledge of all relevant industry, legal and regulatory compliance guidelines.
An unwavering commitment to upholding the highest ethical, legal, regulatory and scientific standards. Preferred Qualifications:
§ Greater than 3 years of MSL field experience.
§ Clinical research and/or patient care experience in genetics or a relevant medical specialty.
§ Experience in developing, conducting and publishing peer-reviewed scientific or clinical research.
§ Additional training or experience in epidemiology, clinical research, health economics, or health policy.
Job : Medical Affairs
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Job Posting : Dec 11, 2012
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Genzyme Corporation (Genzyme) is a biotechnology company. The Companys product and service portfolio is focused on rare genetic disease...