inVentiv Health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
The MSL will be responsible for engaging with specified KOLs, institutions, and organizations in their territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. The MSL will develop and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs. The MSL will be the primary conduit for Medical Affairs communications and interactions for their assigned institutions and organizations. They will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics. Extensive knowledge of pain/inflammation and field medical affairs experience is strongly preferred.
• Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified KOLs and assigned institutions to provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfillment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative
• Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with KOLs and health care providers in assigned pain/inflammation institutions. Serve as a primary liaison for connecting KOLs and their affiliate institutions with appropriate Medical Affairs initiatives that forward the scientific progress of our brands
• Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with Client. Support KOL involvement in research activities including Company-Sponsored Trials and respond to unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the facilitation of IST projects.
• Develop and execute Field Medical Affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with Medical Affairs strategies and tactics. Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on company products and pipeline products including unsolicited requests for off-label medical information as per Client policies and procedures.
• Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community pain/inflammation practices, advocacy groups, and others as needed.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide balanced, accurate medical information to and scientific exchange with institutional formulary decision makers and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee members.
• Obtain, assimilate, organize, and report appropriate competitive and scientific intelligence in a concise, clear manner, compliant with all applicable Client policies, procedures, and processes.
• Assist with implementation and engagement of KOL participation in advisory boards, consultant meetings, and other scientific meetings consistent with all Client policies, procedures, and processes.
• Attend assigned scientific congresses for the purposes of gaining scientific insights, supporting the communication of information about disease states which may potentially include Client products to congress and meeting attendees, gathering competitive and scientific intelligence, and supporting KOL interactions.
• Collaborate with Client colleagues to support development of publications and other medical communications.
• Engage with assigned pain/inflammation cooperative groups to support their scientific and research needs that are consistent with Client Medical Affairs strategy
• Deliver medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
• Serve as a scientific resource and company representative to patient advocacy groups.
• Build and cultivate relationships with internal cross-functional colleagues, and provide clinical/scientific input, training, and support to internal teams within regulatory guidelines; participate on internal teams as requested by the VP of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. Represent Client at medical and scientific congresses through Medical Affairs’ medical information booth coverage and other related activities.
• Serve as a resource to conduct on-going training to the field sales personnel and others, providing up-to-date knowledge of product, uses, and data.
• 3-5 years of MSL experience in pain/inflammation and demonstrated knowledge of the pain/inflammation clinical environment.
• Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred. In lieu of a terminal degree, an RPh, Masters or pain/inflammation nursing trained applicant with 8+ years of experience will be considered.
• Familiarity and experience with managed markets, P&T committee presentations, HEOR research, and the AMCP dossier
• Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
• Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and MA activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design in pain/inflammation.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
• The ability to work independently and as a part of diverse teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
• Self motivated and must thrive on challenge.
• Ability to maintain high level of ethical and compliancy standards.
• Strong time management and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills by example and through accomplishments; steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
• Able to travel: 50%-70%
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%
InventivHealth - 14 months ago