If you are interested in an exciting career in the biopharmaceutical or medical field you’ve come to the right place. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Whether you are just beginning your career or you have experience in the medical field, we have many exciting opportunities for you to consider.
The Medical Screener is responsible for registering new and current donors and conducting a series of screening procedures to determine suitability for plasma donation.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) and regulatory guidelines
- Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further processing
- Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings (excluding California donor centers)
- Performs clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record files and inputting information into the donor management computer software
- Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment and company policies in a prompt, professional manner
Octapharma Plasma offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3 months experience in clerical or customer service position preferred
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to read numbers on screening equipment such as scales, thermometers, graphs, digital vital signs monitor and refractometers
- Must possess any licenses or certifications required by the state
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills
- CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred
- Ability to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays and extended shifts on a frequent basis
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. - 22 months ago