CapitalCare Medical Group is a physician-owned medical practice with more than 150 healthcare professionals. The group offers primary care services in Family Practice, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine throughout the Capital District. CapitalCare also provides services in Endocrinology, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Nephrology, medical nutrition therapy, and comprehensive diabetes education and operates a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory. CapitalCare welcomes new patients and participates with most major health insurance carriers.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a full-timeMedical Receptionist at our Family Practice in Slingerlands!
The hours for this position are:
Monday-Thursday, 8am-4:30pm, Friday: 7am-3:30pm
Responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Schedules appointments for patient physicals, sick visits, follow up visits, etc.
- Communicate with providers on availability for urgent requests and inserts.
- Communicate with desk nurse when patient triage is required.
- Assists in changing appointments for patients due to conflicts in schedule.
- Responsible for new patient screening-clerical and clinical.
- Enters demographic information for new patients.
- Verifies addresses and phone numbers for all patients calling for appointments.
- Retrieves messages from the cancellation phone line first thing in the morning and after lunch.
- Confirms upcoming appointments two days prior.
- Requests notes from hospitals and urgent care facilities for patients following up these visits.
- Must be familiar with participating insurance plans, and be able to inform patients of the importance of knowing their benefits for specific appointments.
- May help with other clerical tasks as time permits or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Communicates any insurance questions, or billing problems to our business office.
- Communicates any patient complaints, or problems to the site manager.
- Must attend staff meetings and keep current on office policy.
- Responsible for upholding the confidentiality policy of Capital Care, and following appropriate protocol for HIPAA compliance.
Qualifications/Requirements: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with additional education desirable.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs and applications.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, family members, physicians, providers, managers, co-workers and external customers.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
CapitalCare Medical Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, and much more in a business casual environment!
This is a great opportunity in a friendly office setting. Apply today!
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 2 years ago