We are looking for an experienced Medical Social Worker to support the goals and objectives of the Well-Being Improvement Center by providing high quality support and resources in an efficient and cost effective manner, while ensuring high quality care. This position will be field based.
- Responsible for developing and implementing case management/care
coordination activities to control costs of high-risk, high-cost cases
- Develops a unique comprehensive plan of care for each member
- Establishes a trusting one-on-one relationship with each patient
- Assigned to a panel of members/participants to develop customized, proactive care plans and strategies
- Assigns acuity based on assessment which drives the frequency
of the case
- Develops guidelines for working with insurers, managed care
organizations, referral providers, patients, and families
- Identifies cost effective protocols for high-risk, high-cost diagnoses and develops cost effective care plans
- Manages and coordinates the delivery of case management services, including the coordination of disciplines/service areas, periodic reporting, and communications
- Facilitates collaboration between utilization management and case management
- Develops guidelines for working with insurers, managed care organizations, patients, and families
- May make recommendations for specific case exceptions
- Works with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to
develop a plan of care for assigned patients
Only local candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted for additional screening. For more information and to apply online, please visit our website at
- Must hold Master of Social Work degree with three years of experience providing direct member care. Other experience outside hospital, traditional health care setting or Case Management Certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
For health insurers, healthy plan members are cheap plan members; that's where Healthways comes in. The health services company...