Home care allows you to get a full understanding of each patient’s needs!
• Assessing the social and emotional factors affecting patients and families that impede effective medical treatment, and intervening in crisis situations when necessary
• Participating in the development of care plans
• Counseling patients and families in long-range planning and decision-making
• Assisting patients and families in obtaining needed community resources
• Providing social work services to the hospice program
• Assisting with staff in-service programs and community education
Home care is both challenging and rewarding! This job requires a person who can work independently, while never forgetting that home care is a team effort.
Other requirements include:
• Bachelor of Social Work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• One year of experience in a health care setting, which may include completion of a social work health care internship
• One to three years of general clinical experience in hospitals or nursing homes (internship experience considered)
• Licensed Bachelor Social Worker (LBSW)
• LGSW or LCSW preferred
• Willingness to work in home environments of patients who may have values or standards different from your own
• Ability to network with community agencies and utilize community resources
• Ability to make evaluations and decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Respecting the patient’s privacy and maintaining confidentiality
• Current Alabama driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
Founded in 1970, Alacare Home Health & Hospice is Alabama's oldest and largest family-owned, Medicare-certified home health agency....