Responsible for providing administrative support and resources to the Medical Staff Services and Medical Staff Leadership of EPCH. Oversees primary functions of EPCH’s Medical Staff Office including coordinating the flow of information from medical staff committees/departments through the Medical Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, coordinating and managing all Medical Staff meetings, ensuring compliance with the Joint Commission and other accrediting bodies, working closely with medical staff leaders, senior leadership and legal counsel.
1. Medical Staff Committee/Departmental Meetings:
Schedules monthly/quarterly/annual Medical Staff meetings;
Prepares and distributes a monthly meeting calendar and meeting agendas;
Prepares meeting packets to include agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any other applicable materials according to the requirements of that committee);
Attends meetings, assumes responsibilities of recording and transcribing accurate minutes within 72 hours; obtains approval of the minutes (and Chairperson signature) and files minutes accordingly.
Prepares and provides summaries of Medical Staff committee/departmental meetings for the monthly MSPI Committee and monthly summaries of MSPI, Ethics and P&T Committees for the Medical Executive Committee;
Maintains minute books for all Medical Staff committees/ departments to include agendas, signed meeting minutes and related attachments, all in a manner that would demonstrate Medical Staff compliance with The Joint Commission standards;
Creates MS committees/departments meeting attendance records in MIDAS and maintains current Medical Staff meeting attendance data;
Maintains Bylaws, and all policies and procedures;
Facilitates the transfer of confidential performance improvement and peer review information and other medical staff information to and from medical staff committees/departments, from hospital leadership to medical staff and back;
Assists the Chief of Staff with Medical Staff committee membership assignments annually (per MS Bylaws), and prepares related appointment, reappointment or thank you letters as required.
2. Establishes Medical Staff committee/department meeting attendance database in MIDAS and maintains meeting attendance.
3. Ensures credential files are presented for approval on the pertinent committees and provides approval letters.
4. Ensures compliance with FPPE and OPPE standards.
5. Provides needed information to CVO to maintain master physician list.
6. Miscellaneous Support:
Coordinates CMEs in conjunction with the Texas Tech-CME Office.
Coordinates, attends and takes minutes of ethics consults when requested by the Medical Staff.
Assists with New Resident Orientation activities, clearance and related.
7. Maintains open communication with the Medical Staff, Administration, Hospital Departments, Medical Staff office staff, and related health agencies. Identifies and works to solve problems as they arise.
8. Maintains knowledge of The Joint Commission standards and State and Federal regulations related to the Medical Staff organization.
9. Assures confidentiality of all matters relating to the Medical Staff and operation of the Medical Staff Office.
10. Maintains a positive rapport with the Medical Staff and responds efficiently to their requests.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to operate standard office equipment and a PC or the equivalent, using a word processor in a Windows environment;
Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing;
Displays good interpersonal skills; tactful;
Dedicated and reliable;
Knowledge of medical terminology;
Strong organizational skills;
Ability to work well and get along with others;
Transcription skills (shorthand or speedwriting);
Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules and frequent interruptions;
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) preferred.
Ed ucation and Training
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years clerical experience required, preferably in a fast pace Hospital Medical Staff Office or equivalent environment.